Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Busy coupon/hounding few days

It's been too long since I posted. We got hammered with snow last Thursday night....up to my knees and my flight got cancelled so I had to drive but the upside was Maryland/DC area had beautiful weather over the weekend and a friend & I shared hotel-she's getting into couponing. Very exciting! Now I have a new buddy to trade with. Granted she is in Toldeo and I am in Cleveland, but that's ok. We see each other every other month.

Money Saving Challenge-
I participated in Swagbucks birthday celebration and got enough for 2 more Amazon $5 gift cards so I redeemed those. Also I'm making sure to review all bills that come in with a fine tooth comb. Directv keeps charging me for something we do not have......it's very irritating to have it removed monthly from my bill. 3rd month in a row I have to call. I try to be patient with the individual but its difficult because of my faults is my lack of patience......it's just a virtue I do not have.

Borders is closing several stores and they have huge clearance! Honestly I have no idea how they made money in the small suburb town I live in. They had 2 Borders, 1 Barnes and Noble, 1 Half priced book, and 3 large libraries. They are only closing 1 store but it's got some great deals.

I have been heavy couponing lately on certain deals. I also took advantage of ordering a few Groupons. My couponing friend showed me the light with Groupons, Living Social, and Restaurants.com certificates so I'll be keeping my eyes out for those. It was a wonderful trade off-I taught her about swagbucks, mypoints, and ebates. 

This week we are meal planning/ cleaning out and continuing to try to organize.
I 've got a stack of books I need to take to half priced books to sell back.

No comments:

Post a Comment