Saturday, January 29, 2011

Out of towner

I went out of town to visit my folks and I'm excited to take advantage of their Kroger to get the big deal on the frugal coupon ladies have been talking about. 

DH and his best friend are having a relaxing weekend at our house, which I believe is merely their way of saying they are going to watch movies I don't like, eat fast food, and drink beer all weekend. Hopefully DH brings in my newspaper so it doesn't get all soggy sunday in the snow.

I am spending the weekend crafting with my mom. I brought my craft hat box home(decorative hat box I got on clearance several years ago from JoAnn Fabrics) I keep yarn, various crochet hooks, knitting needles and the 4 scarves I have started over the years. I decided to use up a pretty chenille yarn I have and turn it into a scarf either for myself or for a gift for someone next year at Christmas. We shall see how long before I lose interest and put it back into the box. :) I also got a sewing box to keep all my buttons, thread, etc in. Now I won't be searching everywhere for a button anymore.

Nothing annoys/frustrates/even frightens me more than driving long distance home at 5am in a snowstorm (yesterday I had early morning business meeting halfway between my house and my parent so I decided to go to celebrate Mom's bday as a surprise after my mtg). Well I left at 5am had my mtg at 9am and of course the service engine light comes on DH's car. I was frustrated because I didn't know if it was safe to drive I call and they tell me since it's not making weird noises it's ok to drive home. The dealer in my parents area got it in first thing today at 8am when they opened. Turns out it's a cam shaft timing issue....well the guy says "maybe you could make it home without throwing the belt and messing up the engine" MAYBE?????!!!! 

So I tell him I need to get it replaced before I return home Monday. Glad I got a day off planned ahead of time, but this means I won't be using it to clean out and organize things at my house like initially thought because they thought they were going to be able to complete it today. I also asked for new wipes and an oil change while I was there so I could cancel my initially scheduled visit at home for next week. Well it was taking too long and they can't complete it today. I think because I chose to be picked up rather than sit in waiting room they didn't work on mine first. So I made it clear that I was extremely disappointed since he originally commited to being completed today. The repair on the cam shaft was covered under warranty, but the wipers and oil change were going to cost $39 for both. He gave me those for free for the inconvience, I doubt the Ford dealer would have if I hadn't asked what they were going to do. I was merely hoping for $5 off my total cost. If you don't ask the answer is always no.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your time with your mom. I love that your are crafting.

    Sorry to hear your car is taking loner than expected but at least you got some money out of them. :-)

    ReplyDelete