Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Money Saving Challenge

Well I am grateful I got back in one piece.....I got my car back and the Ford dealer was nice enough to fix the transmission recall issue from last August.....my car has gone to my dealer several times and they never said a word about it and we never got the letter. There was a pretty bad ice storm that hit Indy right after I left....I got home to CLE by 6pm.....no snow, precipitation or moisture of any kind and then out of no where overnight we got 11 inches overnight.....crazy!!!!

I'll be hounding a bit after work I've got to get my deals at CVS, Wags, and RA. I'll post all of them when I'm done. I've also got to meal plan tonight. I made a nifty household binder over the weekend....postit had some wonderful coupons at their website and I used them to help me get organized.
Went to RA
Got 2 Dixie plates bogo ($3.99-$3/2 Video values Q)=$0.99 for both. Got raincheck for size I wanted.
1 Tilex mold/mildew cleaner $2 sale price-$1 internet printable Q=$1, paid with expiring ups. :)

I got a $3 rebate check from RiteAid for month of January so I will be going to deposit that today and DH got a bonus so I used it to put in savings.

They don't sell pealed barley in bags at my stores so I went to Kroger while I was home I got 4 bags for $0.49/each. I was excited, usually it's $1.29/each.

So far Meal Plan
Tuesday: Stir Fry with Carrots, onions, beef, egg, and peas.
Wednesday: Chicken Parmesan and garlic bread
Thursday: Beef stew with cornbread
Friday: Pizza with DH's family
Saturday: Homemade chicken Pot pie with fluffy rolls
Sunday: SuperBowl fun snacks!
I'm going for warm hot foods since it's so cold and icy here....and easy to make because I am just tired this weekend. For lunches we eat leftovers from the night before.
On the fun side I spent some time sewing with my mom-I can hem pants now :) Woohoo!
I also found some supersoft chenile yarn I've had as leftovers from a scarf and 2 skeins isn't much so I used my new knitting needles and a very basic pattern to make a green table runner for my coffee table.

1 comment:

  1. Your menu looks fabulous. I love the price you got on the barley. One of our favorites here is beef barley soup.

    ReplyDelete