Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wonderful evening Money saving challenge

DH had a boys night so I went to barnes and noble with my nook and read for free for an hour than I went to the grocery store with my coupons.
Clorox wipes: 4/$10, buy 4 get $4 off instant=4/$6 or $1.50 each, then used 4 coupons for $.50 off doubled to $1=$0.50 each so I bought 4 since this is rock bottom in our area and it's been flu season. I also got 1 dozen grocery store brand eggs for $1. I love cherry picking.

Now by request for Precious my Sunny Day Casserole recipe
*Warning this is from my 1980 cookbook and we have adapted it slightly*
1 jar processed cheese spread  (I changed this to shredded kraft cheese because I get that free with Qs often)
3/4 c. milk. Mix together in large bowl. Then add 4 cups partially cooked diced potatos, 2 cups diced ham, and 1 pk frozen mixed veggies, 1/2 c. chopped onion. Put in casserole dish, sprinkle 1 c. cracker crumbs on top and bake uncovered for 45 mins at 350 degrees. Then sprinkle with cheese bake til melted and serve warm. I usually make brown rice and serve with it. I have also used broken crackers before as topper.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you! I have all of the ingredients for this and will make it this week!

    ReplyDelete