Friday, February 18, 2011

Lack of respect....

I have been noticing a lot of lack of respect for other people lately....and it seems to be everywhere I look.
This week along I've seen name calling, swearing and shoving at the grocery store & CVS. I saw people flipping each other off in the parking lot at the bank....sadly it was both moms with small kids in the car.....nice example.

And I went into work today to find my office literally trashed. I was out on a customer visit yesterday afternoon and apparently the president of the company decided that after 2 yrs of me having a poster on the inside of door covering window looking into my office he didn't like it and rips it down in 3 pcs (I probably only paid $5 for it, but I brought it back from Italy on a college trip as a souvenier and cannot replace it.). It covers a dingy window I'm not allowed to clean because of union maintenance dept but they don't clean it and after a yr I was so disgusted my boss said I could cover it on inside. He ripped framed photos off the walls and tipped over my bookshelf. I realize it's his company but it's my personal property and well it's downright rude. He's a 55 yr old men having a temper tantrum. My boss said he thought it was intentionally directed at me......that he was just upset. I went to HR they said nothing can be done, he is the owner and it's private company so he can do what he wants. I was actually told "If you don't like it quit".

I called DH-I want to quit...but I'm afraid it will look bad to quit and then go somewhere else for 15 months only to move to NC.

I just wish there was more respect for other people in general.

3 comments:

  1. That is absolutely ridiculous!! I can't believe they can't do anything about his behavior. I say find a new job. Don't quit this one until you get another, but 1.5 yrs is too long to be miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to talk to DH and see what he thinks. We shall see what happens.....maybe this is a sign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a jerk! HR may not be able to do something about it but, if he destroyed personal property, the police certainly can. Of course, you'd have to be willing to leave that job. I can't believe that a 55 yo would act like that. Have you talked to him since it happened? I wonder if he would apologize or act embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete